The ACTS eBulletin – enACT – delivers the latest tertiary sector sustainability news, resources, appointments, opportunities and events within Australia and New Zealand every month. To receive enACT direct to your email, simply register as an ACTS member (which also allows you to access member only resources on this website) or subscribe to our mailing list.
enACT is a great vehicle for promoting your sustainability news, opportunities and events! To have content from your institution featured in the monthly eBulletin, please send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the submission guidelines (below) by the first Monday of every month.
enACT Submission Guidelines
To submit content for inclusion in enACT, please email the following to email@example.com by the first Monday of the month:
- A short introduction/description for your submission (between 100-150 words).
- If appropriate, a related image (will be sized to fit 300 x 100 px frame).
- A link to direct readers to further information.
- If appropriate a contact email address for further information.
- For an event listing, please include the date/s and specific locations (note restrictions for non-ACTS member events below).
Items submitted by the close of business on the first Monday on the month will be considered for the following week’s issue. The following guidelines are meant to provide a general idea of the types of content we usually publish.
- We prioritise items that are directly relevant to the campus sustainability community, but will consider other relevant sustainability news.
- Submissions from ACTS member institutions will be prioritised for publication.
- We will strive to keep enACT eBulletin timely – items that are current are most likely to be included.
- Awards: international, national, and state recognised awards will be included.
- The Resources section includes resources recently published by ACTS along with other resources submitted by campuses and other organisations. Examples include campus sustainability reports; case-studies; campus sustainability focused policies, procedures and guidelines; new magazines or journals; how-to guides; website or newsletters focused on campus sustainability; and campus sustainability videos.
- This section focuses on current ACTS member initiatives seeking to progress sustainability in its institution and beyond. Examples of project types include (but not limited to): Learning and Teaching; Research; Engagement; Operations; Partnerships; Leadership; Governance; and Facilities.
- This section focuses on opportunities for the campus sustainability community. We invite submissions on a national, state and local level.
- Surveys directly related to research on campus sustainability – both announcements of such surveys as well as results available online – will be considered for publication.
Appointments, Jobs & Internships
- We only publish positions that are directly focused on advancing sustainability in tertiary education.
- Any ACTS member sustainability-related events can be promoted in this segment.
- For non-members, only free, sustainability-related events will be promoted.