Guidance for Applicants
Stage 1 Applications now open
It is important that all applicants review the 2017 Stage 1 Guidance Notes for Participants before commencing their application. The process has changed from previous years with the introduction of a two stage process, so it is extremely important to familiarise yourself with the new rules. The guidance document gives you all the information you need to submit an application. By submitting an application you are also confirming you accept the Award rules and the Conditions of Entry.
2017 CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- All applications must be submitted on an official application form by the stated deadlines [HERE]. Late applications will not be accepted.
- By entering an application you are verifying that the information contained within the application is true to the best of your knowledge.
- Entrees are accepted from ALL tertiary education providers including universities, TAFE, Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- Entries will be accepted from third party organisations provided they are jointly submitted or supported by an institutional organisation.
- Entries will be accepted from any legal entity within the tertiary education sector residing within and outside of Australasia. All applications will be governed by the same rules. However, if you are eligible to enter another regional Green Gown Award (e.g. UK & Ireland, French speaking Europe and Canada or GUPES) then you are not eligible to apply for the Australasian Awards.
- Applications recognising collaboration from multiple institutions are welcomed, however a leading institution must be identified.
- The Award organisers have the right to remove a specific category if insufficient entries are received. Applicants will receive 3 working days’ notice to resubmit their application to an alternative category. If the project is successful in the new category it cannot be resubmitted the following year, or in the future to any category, unless there is further significant improvement.
- Applicants accept that their submissions will be in the public domain and will allow the Awards organisers to use information and materials provided for publicity and marketing purposes.
- All marketing material is submitted with the understanding that the Awards team may edit the information, without permission, if necessary, but without altering the context of the material. This information will be used for marketing purposes only and will have no bearing on the application.
- Finalists, highly commended and winners agree to produce a winner’s case study video for dissemination to the sector. They also agree to take part in dissemination events or webinars if required.
- For the purposes of awarding a dual winner, if appropriate, for the Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change category only, the Award organisers define a small institution as <15,000 FTE enrolled students.
- Nominees for the ACTS Awards of Excellence must be a current staff and/or students of an ACTS Member institution. To become an ACTS member please go to our [Membership Page].
- Applications for the same initiative may be submitted in multiple categories, however the applications must demonstrate significant differences, and address the relevant category criteria, to be successful in multiple categories. If the differences are not obvious the judging panel reserve the right to decide in which category the initiative will move forward.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to a) refuse an application if the rules have not been met and b) audit applications to ensure that claims made are fully justified.
- The Awards organisers aim to provide generic feedback on unsuccessful applications. However this cannot be guaranteed and specific feedback will not be provided. All feedback will be provided after the Awards ceremony.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to audit winning applications and request evidence be provided within stated timeframes to justify and/or prove any statements or claims made within the application, such as “the first”, “the only”, “a member of” etc.
- The Award organiser’s decisions are final and no correspondence or appeal will be entered into.
For any queries please review our comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions. Still got a question? Contact the Awards team email@example.com or call 0405 564755 – no question is too small, we are only too happy to help.