The call for papers and presentations submission deadline – 1st June 2012
Our institutions continue to build and implement strategies, plans and actions for a more holistic approach to sustainability ‐ through learning and teaching, operations, research and community engagement. As potential leaders in this field, a critical success factor is our ability to mobilise and motivate our community to embrace the sustainability journey. The 12th International ACTS conference will address some of the key sustainability challenges facing professionals, managers, facilities, academics and researchers:
- What role do we have in the sustainability debate?
- How should institutions prepare for changing economic systems, changing student demographics and emerging potential risks associated with climate change?
- What should our community, and particularly our students, be learning about sustainability and what tools do they need to be able to deal with emerging paradigms and challenges?
- What research and engagement activities should institutions instigate and enhance?
- How can we better share innovation and best practice models to lead the wider community in sustainability?
- How can we create the appropriate sense of urgency in our institutions and gain executive buy‐in and commitment?
Each year, more and more sustainability professionals from across the globe meet at the ACTS Conference to share their stories, skills and experiences. In 2012, we continue this fine tradition. Always as we move forward we remember, sustainability is a journey, not a destination, so how should our institutions develop their “travel plans”?
ACTS invites abstracts from the sustainability community for the 12th International ACTS Conference “Mobilise and Motivate: Building momentum for a holistic sustainability approach”. The call for papers, abstract submissions is now open and will remain open through to June 1, 2012.