How to Enter
- The ACTS Awards of Excellence are only eligible for ACTS members.
And don’t let being small put you off…Smaller institutions are eligible to apply for all categories, plus judges have the discretion to award up to two winners (small and large) for the Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change category (small institution < 15,000 FTE enrolled students). New for this year is the Creating Impact category which demonstrates how you can have a big impact with fewer resources.
Applications for the Green Gown Awards Australasia take place over two stages. This revised structure has distinct benefits for all applicants: it allows for a shorter, more streamline process for all applicants at Stage 1; and enables a feedback process to achieve a more uniform and better quality of application.
Stage 1 Information
Before you make an online submission please ensure you have read the Stage 1 Guidance Notes for Participants and accepted the Conditions of Entry. Choose the correct category for you (or multiple categories) and gather all the necessary documents and imagery. Online submissions cannot be saved part way through.
- Download the 2017 Stage 1 Application Form and Stage 1 Guidance Notes for Participants.
- Complete the application form and save in word format only.
- Don’t forget your institutional logo
- Make sure you’ve checked all points on the pre-application checklist below
- Submit your application online via the link at the bottom of the page
- Note that there is a separate process for the Individual Award Nomination
- Stage 1 Application Form [docx]
- Stage 1 Individual Nomination Form [docx]
- Stage 1 Guidance Notes for Participants
PRE APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- I have read and understand the ‘Stage 1 Guidance Notes for Participants‘ and understand that submitting this application indicates that I accept the rules of the awards and the Conditions of Entry.
- I have read the category criteria and have chosen the correct category for my application.
- I have the contact details for at least two people to include in this application.
- I have fully completed the ‘2017 Stage 1 Green Gown Awards Australasia Application Form‘ and saved it in word format ready to upload.
- I have my institutional logo ready to upload.
Stage 2 Information
Registrations for the prestigious ‘green tie’ Awards ceremony, at the iconic Storey Hall – RMIT University on 2 November will be open soon.
Who can enter
Successful finalists from Stage 1 are now invited to submit a longer Stage 2 application.
View the 2017 Green Gown Awards Finalists
How to enter
Stage 2 is now open. Congratulations to this year’s finalists.
- All finalists will have received an email with their Stage 2 application form. This form contains the locked Stage 1 application, the judges’ feedback and the Stage 2 questions. Complete the Stage 2 section, address the judges feedback and save the document in word format only (PDF will not be accepted).
- Download the Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants.
- Check all the points on the pre-application checklist below.
- Submit your application [online]
- Note that there is a separate process and link for the Individual Award Nomination
- Please submit your Stage 2 application [online] by Wednesday 6 September 2017.
- Download the Marketing Form, complete and save in Word format only.
- Include up to 3 images to accompany your submission. (Jpeg – high resolution, minimum of 300dpi).
- Please submit the marketing information and images online [HERE] by Wednesday 9 August 2017.
- All finalists must submit a short case study video. Please download the Guidance Brief and submit by 18 October 2017.
Please note: Before you make an online submission please ensure you have gathered all the necessary information, as partly completed submission cannot be saved.
Stage 2 Individual Nominees (excluding the Leadership Award) do not need to complete the additional materials (marketing form and finalist video). All marketing information will be taken from their application form and pre-submitted photos will be used at the Awards ceremony. Individual nominees only need to submit their completed Stage 2 submission [online] by Wednesday 6 September 2017.
Here is everything you might need during your Stage 2 application process:
- Stage 2 Application Form – has been emailed separately to all finalists
- Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants
- Marketing Form
- Finalist Video Guidelines
View [deadlines] for each stage of the submissions.
You need to be able to check all of the boxes below before you start:
- I have read and understand the ‘Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants‘ and understand that submitting this application indicates that I accept the rules of the awards and the Conditions of Entry.
- If the primary contact has changed since the stage 1 submission, I have updated contact details to provide.
- I have fully completed the ‘2017 Stage 2 Green Gown Awards Australasia Application form’ including addressing judges feedback and answering the stage 2 questions, and saved it in word format ready to upload.
- I have my Application Reference Number ready for submission.
Need help with your video?
Please review the finalist video guidelines. These contain everything you need to know on how to make a short, inexpensive video. Also check out previous finalist videos for inspiration! Video submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 October 2017.
Then don’t forget the Awards team is here and only too happy to help you with any question you may have, please email email@example.com.