2020 Special General Meeting
Tuesday 28 July 2020 / 10.30am AEST | 12.30pm NZST
As discussed at the last ACTS Annual General Meeting in Dunedin, the ACTS Board presented a plan to modernise our governance. Legal advice was sought on possible structures, including benefits and costs with these options. After consideration based on member approved and Board enacted strategic statements, the preferred evolution is from an Incorporated Association based in Queensland to an Australian Company Limited by Guarantee with a not-for-profit status. This evolution is intended to ensure that our legal structure is better able to support our operations and enhance our ability to deliver on our shared collective vision.
For our members to consider this new arrangement and, if in agreement, support the Board undertaking the required steps to bring this change to fruition, we need to call a Special General Meeting to consider this motion:
The current financial members of Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) approve the Board to change the legal constitutional status of ACTS from an ‘Incorporated Association’ based in Queensland to a ‘Company Limited by Guarantee’ under Australian law.
What do our members need to do?
Help ensure that we get a quorum of members (minimum 19 member institutions represented) by ensuring that your member representative attends the zoom meeting on 28 July, 2020 at 10.30am AEST | 12.30pm NZST. It is most likely that with one item on the agenda the meeting will be relatively short.
To support the motion, the following information has been provided:
• Frequently Asked Questions regarding the motion (outlined below)
• Current Rules of Association (Queensland)
• Proposed new Company Limited by Guarantee Constitution based on a Commonwealth provided template with annotation from the Board to explain differences to current Rules and any allowable changes made from the template version and why.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please get in touch with us using the email contacts below:
• Corey Peterson, ACTS President
• Delwyn Langdon, ACTS Treasurer
• Rhiannon Boyd, ACTS General Manager